Translate

Thursday, May 3, 2012

For I am with you, and no one is going to attack and harm you because I have many people in this city. Act 18:10

May 2-4, 2012 Several years ago, I had my phone number changed because of all the calls I was getting (for another person) from creditors. The calls were not for me but for several other people who apparently had my phone number before the phone company assigned it to me. The calls were coming in at all hours of the day and night. Eventually, I turned the ringer off so I could get some sleep. After a while, I decided to get a new phone number at a cost of $30.00. My new phone number was just as bad as the old number. Creditors stated to call for other people I did not know. I did not answer any of the calls because they were not for me. Creditors do not listen to anyone. If you tell them the truth, that you are not the person they are looking for, they get worse. Their calls increase and their messages clog your mail box. How many of you are getting calls from collectors for other people? I know there are a lot of people across the United States who are being harassed by these people on a daily basis. Today, I decided to do something about the calls. Below are a few of the phone numbers of collectors who call and harass me on a daily basis and have for years: Asset Acceptance 301-223-0039 Asset Acceptance 410-881-5363 This company has been calling me for years asking for a Barbara Peterson, when the phone number is clearly listed in my name. I am not Barbara Peterson, nor do I know a Barbara Peterson. I wonder how much these collectors get paid to harass Americans on a daily basis? I also wonder what is our government doing to stop the harassment? The same company has also used local phone numbers to get me to answer my phone when they call. If I do not recognize the phone number on my caller ID, I do not pick up the phone. I listen for the message. Below are a few of these local numbers: 512-843-8802 512-377-9034 Something must be done about these about these creditors who harass Americans for years. I for one am tired of not being able to answer my phone because of the rude calls, or being awoken in the middle of the night to answer a cll that is not for me, or having a phone message box full of calls from creditors looking for people who no longer have the telephone number I now have. I am asking all of you who are also receiving calls from creditors looking for people that you do not know, to go to a social media (Facebook) and start posting the company names phone numbers of these rude, misguided creditors. For so long, calls from creditor have been considered a sign of a character flaw judging honest, hardworking people as unfit. In these poor economic times our country is going through now, many people cannot pay their bills. Many people do not have jobs, and unemployment does not pay all of the bills. Keeping the family fed, clothed, and a roof over their heads takes priority. Go to Facebook and post the phone numbers of harassing creditors. They need to be stopped immediately. Let’s expose they creditors for whom and what they are. Let’s shed some light on how they are getting away with the harassment. For too long, people have been afraid to speak up against these creditors out of fear of retaliation. Do not be afraid any more. A united front to stop them is needed to let them know they can no longer hold us hostage with our own phone.