Translate

Thursday, April 5, 2012

The angels are the dispensers and administrators of the divine beneficence toward us; they regard our safety, undertake our defense, direct our ways, and exercise a constant solicitude that no evil befall us. by John Calvin

April 4, 2012 I started this post last night several times but could not focus because of the medication I am taking and the soreness in my back. The operation went as planned. No surprises. I have a four inch verticle incision on my back where the surgeon took out the tumor. This is the primary site for the cancer. So, now we wait for the results from the lab on the nodes taken out. I feel much better today but I can sit at the computer for only 20-30 minutes at the most. Then, I have to take a break to rest my back. A good case scenario would be that the nodes come back negative for cancer. We all know they won’t. But, that’s OK. They may need to do additional surgery to remove more nodes. Then, treatments. I have two future doctor's appointments; one for the second week in April and one for the third week in April . One to have the stitches taken out, the other to receive the results of the lab work . The day before the surgery, Ashley, the doctor’s office nurse called me to give me some good news, actually, great news. She refused to accept the fact that my health insurance company would not pay for any cancer related medical bills. So, she took it on her own to make phone calls to various people at the insurance company to find out how they determined I was not eligible. Turns out, the insurance company was wrong. I had been diagnosed under the previous policy with them. The laspe of time between the old policy and the new policy did not matter. I was still covered. I had no preexisting condition. So, they are going to pay for the cancer related medical expenses. Ashley worked on this for an entire week. She had other people in her office making phone calls also. When she called me, I couldn’t believe it. Usually, an insurance company takes a stand, and they don’t change their minds. This time they did. Am I blessed of what? I have God’s little angels all around me in places I least expect.Don’t tell me there are no such things as angels here on earth. I know that’s wrong. Ashley is one of them.