Translate

Thursday, April 5, 2012

The resurrection gives my life meaning and the opportunity to start over no matter what my circumstances. by Robert Flatt

April 5, 2012 When I first found out, I had cancer, I was in the process of making a transition in my professional career. I had been teaching a long time and yearned to do something else. However, I could not choose a career field. Few professional careers interested me. I finally settled on computer technology. Then,I had to choose what area of a computer technology was appealing to me. I had settled on web design. I began to look into colleges in Austin that offered web design degrees. I was still deciding on a college to choose, when I received the diagnosis of melanoma. Since the diagnosis, my life has changed so much in a short amount of time. I know now I have a purpose in this temporary life. My life has been given meaning. Due to this illness, cancer, I now know without a doubt that heaven is real, God is my creator, Jesus is my savior, and I am here to serve others not myself. All the years of trying to acquire materialistic items and money, were wasted on serving the wrong person, me. God has shown me that He will take care of all of us, requiring little of us but to serve Him. He has shown me that I do not need to collect things or money to feel important or loved. This trial has given me the gift of following the Lord and serving Him. What a joy! I have been so blessed. Thank you all for praying for me. Don’t stop. He is our salvation. He is our life line to an everlasting eternal life. Keep the lines of communication open at all costs. I have been blessed to see the gates of Heaven, to talk to God, and to touch the coat of Jesus. What a glorious life! Best Easter Season I have ever celebrated.