Translate

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Keep hope alive by tapping into the limitless power of prayer. by Robert H. Schuller, Possibility Thinking

April 3, 2012 I awoke today at 5:00a.m. I had to be down at the lab at 7:45a.m. to have dye injected into the site where the cancerous mole was removed (my back). The dye will help the doctor follow the spread of cancer, and guide him on what to take out. Paula drove me to the surgical center. She was such a great support. No drama with her. She talked about her children, grandchildren, her job, her garden, just business as usual. I like it like that. There was no dead, awkward silence because neither of us didn’t know what to talk about. We went to the lab first (which was across from the surgical center). I had the dye injected at about 8:00a.m. We then drove to the surgical center. I signed in and waited for about 10 minutes. A nurse came to take me back into the surgery prep area so she could put in an IV, take care of paperwork, etc. The surgeon came in to tell me that previous test results and blood work showed no major organ involvement and no cancer in my blood. First time I heard that. I did not expect such great news! The anesthesiologist came in after the surgeon to start my medication. Last thing I remember was being moved onto the Gurney to be taken into surgery. I woke up in recovery about two hours and thirty minutes later. Best surgery I’ve ever had. Slept right through it . . . The cancer is confined to the lymph nodes. So, lymph nodes were removed. He told me to make an appointment with his office in a week to have the stitches removed. The lab results from the lymph nodes taken out, will be back in two weeks. From there I will know if more lymph nodes will have to be taken out, or what kind of treatments I will be getting, or possibly both. I am home now. I feel a little groggy. So, I am going to bed. I will blog more tomorrow. A big THANK YOU to EVERYONE who has been praying for me. It’s not over yet, but it is looking better. The pastor, his wife, and two deacons from the church I have been attending with Paula, came to the surgical center to see me but I had already gone into pre-op. I am sorry I missed you. However, I will be at the sunrise Easter Service this Sunday to thank you in person. God bless everyone one of you!