Translate

Monday, April 2, 2012

Faith is......making a decision with no guarantee of success. by Robert H. Schuller, Possibility Thinking

April 2, 2012 We all know what day on which we were born, but have you ever wondered on what day you will die and go home to the Lord? After you have reached your first birthday, you will have lived every day in a year. What does this mean? It means that you have lived on the day on which you will eventually die. It’s all part of the circle of life, planned by God, our creator. I find it such a blessing that I have someone looking out for me from a greater, higher place. Scout got out of the yard about midnight. I walked the neighborhood for about 30 minutes looking for him. He won’t go far but he can still get hit by a car. I found him at the neighbors house exploring their yard. I slept well after that, knowing that all of the babies were in the house, safely tucked in for the night. This morning I gave Scout a bath and a hair cut. Other than that, the day was the same as any other day despite my surgery tomorrow. I am looking forward to getting the surgery over with and on with my life. I sent my cousin Joann an email about the surgery and to shoot a prayer my way tomorrow. She told me she was praying for me and not to get anxious. Just relax. I found comfort in her words. She’s n the company of my cousins, aunts, uncles, and our grandmother. During these picnics, I heard stories of relatives who had passed on, stories of my aunts and uncles childhood and what it was like growing up back then. Going to Pennsylvania was going home. Welcoming, heart warming. Today,only one of my grandmother’s children is still alive(out of 10 children). Guess who? My aunt Mary! She has always had a positive outlook on life. At 87 years of age, she is still active. I understand she still drives her own car, has a cell phone, a computer, and loves to get together with her friends. I hope she lives long enough to spend all of her childrens inheritance. Actually, she probably already has. I will be out of pocket, so to speak for a day or so, due to my surgery. So, I may be late posting to my blog. I will keep you posted on the results of the surgery, my recovery, and whatever treatments are to follow. Until then, keep praying for me.