Translate

Monday, March 19, 2012

May God give you......For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. An Irish Blessing

March 19, 2012

Today was a good day. I had an appointment with my clinic to have my blood pressure checked,give a urine sample, and have my weight checked. Then, I went to Sam’s Club to buy cat food, soy meal replacement, and new reading material. One of the books that has been a true inspiration to me is Heaven is Real by Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent. In an earlier blog I mentioned how much I enjoyed this book. The book is about Todd’s son Colton. During an operation, Colton is taken up to Heaven by Jesus who takes care of Colton during the surgery. Some time after Colton’s recovery, Colton begins to make statement about his visit to Heaven. Over the next weeks and months, Colton reveals to his parents little bits of information about his visit with God and Jesus, and the people he met in Heaven. I love this book. Reading Colton’s accounts of Heaven has reassured me that Heaven is for real. While at Sam’s Club, I bought the children’s version of this book which is written age appropriately for children. The pictures are beautiful, the colors are vibrant, and the story is well laid out. This is a great book to read to your children to teach them about Heaven through the eyes of another child. I also bought, Chicken Soup for the Soul: Messages from Heaven. This is a collection of short stories with many authors contributing. What is My Cat Thinking? By Gwen Bailey was the third book I bought. I wanted the new caretaker of my babies to learn as much as possible about my cats now, so that when they take over, I know my babies will be in the best hands possible.

Today, I was supposed to hear from my doctor regarding the results of the last test done, and to talk about scheduling surgery. I called his office at 8:00a.m. and left a message with his nurse. She called me back while I was out and asked that I call tomorrow and set up an appointment.

My neighbor seems to think I am surprisingly calm while awaiting the results. She said she would be a nervous wreck. I am not surprised at how calm I am. The Lord had brought a peace into my life that has strengthened my faith. No matter what lay ahead, I will not be sad or afraid.
He will not let me die alone for He is always with me. So, tomorrow when the office opens, I will call and make an appointment for next week. Dr. K only takes appointments on Mondays and Tuesdays. I know that once the surgery is performed, my life will never be the same. Why rush things? At this point in the game, rushing to the O.R. will not buy me any more time than the Lord will allow.

I want to thank my family for making contact with me. You don’t know how important your emails are to me. Each one is a blessing. It’s nice to know that I am a part of something much greater and precious than my own little world. I am part of a family. Do not be sad for one moment. I am not sad. I had my crying time. That’s over. I look forward to the future with great anticipation. My life is more focused than it has ever been. I feel I now have a purpose. I was not put here by accident. God loved me right from the beginning.

Each morning and each evening I begin and end the day with this prayer:

“Dear Lord,

Thank you for today and however many days I have ahead of me.
Let me serve You with the rest of the time I have left in this temporary life.
Thank You for all Your blessings.”
Amen